Voting

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

My Dear Friend, Robynn Clayton DeNamur

May 2013. Baby Shower for my little guy
It's been 3 months and I still cry from missing you. I don't think that will ever change. 

When I started working at the bank, I met a young lady who was beyond words on what it means to be a Daughter of God. She was kind, beautiful (both in spirit and body), smart and funny. She took me in as a friend when nobody else would. Robynn and I shared so many things in common. With our past, our goals, our lifestyles... she likes BYU but she makes up for it with her endearing personality. We emailed daily at work. Probably more than we should have. She was at my baby shower, I was in her wedding. Her life impacted me more than I could have imagined... and she was taken away. November 3, 2014. A car accident that left her body broken and beyond repair. She left behind a 5 month old son and her husband of a year and a half. It's such a tragedy when a life is left unlived. That being said, she lived more life than most, and she loved more than most.





Whenever Shaun was out of town, I would call Robynn. She would keep me company, we would go to the movies (swoon over attractive Hollywood stars), go get smoothies, talk about our loves... our kids... Shaun is still traveling and I find myself reaching for my phone to talk to her. To ask her if she's busy tomorrow. I know my prayers and thoughts reach her, I am just selfish and wish her thoughts could reach me. I don't think there's a way to heal from this kind of absence, just different ways to learn to live with it.


June 2013. Robynn's Wedding Day
Whenever I was feeling lonely... funny... friendly... feeling anything at all. I would text her (email, snapchat, call... thank goodness for modern technology). She was a great friend and I know she's looking out for me. Somehow, she was able to love all of the people that she loved while she was physically with us. Now, she is able to watch over us all. I don't know how she does it, but I have no doubt that she does.

November 2012. Girl's Night! I hate pictures of myself,
but she insisted. So grateful that she did.

 I love you, Robynn. I will always cherish your life, friendship and love.  I will always miss your sweet smile. I would request that you Rest In Peace, but if I know anything about you, it's that you're busy as a bee on the other side.

September 6, 1991 - November 3, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment